Are you keeping safe? Electrical wiring appliances, overhead power lines, machinery, photocopiers, mobiles and cordless telephones, radio masts, TVs, tube trains, x-rays and laser beams are amongst the hundreds of everyday items that are now known to give off high levels of EMF. Electromagnetic fields (EMFs) can be biologically active and capable of making changes to the structure of human and animal cells which are exposed to them. Long-term exposure is believed by an increasing number of scientists and environmentalists to be connected to tumors, fertility problems, behavior and mood changes, concentration and memory loss, and also to affect melatonin production and impair our immune system’s repair mechanisms. The Powerwatch Handbook is a simple no-nonsense guide to EMFs and how to reduce their harmful effect. Here is a practical information on:
- How to test for EMFs in the home
- Star ratings for different items and products
- Simple ways to reduce your expusre to high level pollution
- Reduce the effect of telephones, mobiles, TV masts and other outside sources EMFs at work and in hospitals, dental surgeries and shops
- How EMFs affect babies and young children
- How to avoid becoming electrically sensitive
Alasdair and Jean Philips present their information in a practical, positive and lively way, in an easy-to-follow handbook style. EMF levels an\re graded using a star rating system, high level items are highlighted, and practical tips given in step-by-step, bullet point form.