This medical grade Silver plated 76% Nylon, 24% elastic fiber fabric offers the unique ability to stretch in both directions. Can be used as an antibacterial wound dressing (note: our material is not sterile) but it also makes a great material for electrode contacts, stretchy hats, socks, gloves, or other garments. Highly conductive, and conductivity increases as it stretches in one direction, and decreases as it stretches in the other direction. Silver coating is 99.9% pure. Silver/gray color. Very unique! 52±2 inch wide
Shielding performance: 30-50 dB, tested from 1-10 GHz
Width: 135 cm wide (52 inches) but varies from lot to lot
Weight: 4.3 oz/yd²
Thickness: 0.40 mm
Stretch: ~100% in length direction; ~65% in width direction
Surface resistivity is < 1 Ohm/sq. (unstretched)
Temperature range: -30 to 90°C
1) Softly wash by hand, with neutral detergent such as TexCare (Don’t use any strongly alkaline detergent such as washing powder).**
2) Water temperature below 40˚C.
3) No bleach, do not use detergent with bleach ingredients.
4) Hang dry. Do not wring, do not hang in blazing sun for a long time, and pick up
promptly from the water to dry.
5) Do not dry clean.
** Poor water quality will damage Silver. In particular Sulphur, high Fluoride, and low pH will
react strongly with Silver and destroy conductivity and shielding performance.
Test your tap water on a small fabric swatch before washing your fabric or garment:
1- soak a small fabric swatch in tap water for 1 hour.
2- look for color change in the water or swatch, especially blackening.
3- air dry the swatch and check for conductivity (by touching an Ohm meter to 2 points on the fabric)
If color change or loss of conductivity occurs, DO NOT use tap water to wash/rinse your fabric, use distilled or deionized, reverse osmosis water. Washing will eventually degrade Silver coating and shielding performance. Discoloration over time is normal.
The fabric is highly conductive. DO NOT allow the fabric to come in contact with electric wires, outlets or switches. Cover nearby outlets with child safety caps. Does not contain flame retardant, use caution around open flames and heat sources.