Safety Silk Fabric


Natural Silk plus Pure Silver

SKU: 11284


Silk is known for centuries as a luxurious fabric with an amazing, well, silky feel. New technology permits blending real silk with ultra-fine, pure, real Silver fibers to create this very unique silver fabric material. Somewhat sheer, but quite strong and very nice against the skin. It has very high surface conductivity and good RF shielding.

Makes a great ascot, scarf, jacket liner, pillowcase, or underwear. Of course, it’s a natural choice for a vest, kimono, sarong, robe or pajamas. Highly conductive fabric on both sides <1 Ohm/sq, Safety Silk offers at least 40 dB over 10MHz to 4 GHz

65% silver, 35% silk; 43 g/m²; 59 inch wide

Highly conductive on both sides at <1 Ohm/sq, Safety Silk offers at least 40 dB over 10MHz to 4 GHz
65% silver, 35% silk; 43 g/m²
60 inch wide

Washing Instructions:
1) Softly wash by hand, with neutral detergent such as TexCare (Don’t use any strongly alkaline detergent such as washing powder).**
2) Water temperature below 40˚C.
3) No bleach, do not use detergent with bleach ingredients.
4) Hang dry. Do not wring, do not hang in blazing sun for a long time, and pick up promptly from the water to dry.
5) Do not dry clean.

** Poor water quality will damage Silver. In particular Sulphur, high Fluoride, and low pH will react strongly with Silver and destroy conductivity and shielding performance.

Test your tap water on a small fabric swatch before washing your fabric or garment:
1- soak a small fabric swatch in tap water for 1 hour.
2- look for color change in the water or swatch, especially blackening.
3- air dry the swatch and check for conductivity (by touching an Ohm meter to 2 points on the fabric)

If color change or loss of conductivity occurs, DO NOT use tap water to wash/rinse your fabric, use distilled or deionized, reverse osmosis water. Washing will eventually degrade Silver coating and shielding performance. Discoloration over time is normal.

The fabric is highly conductive. DO NOT allow the fabric to come in contact with electric wires, outlets or switches. Cover nearby outlets with child safety caps. Does not contain flame retardant, use caution around open flames and heat sources.