There’s nothing worse than a winter chill blowing down your neck. A scarf is nice, but bulky and not always appropriate. This shielding Neck Warmer can be used to protect the neck and thyroid area, or pulled up to cover chin/mouth/nose, or it can even be worn on the upper head to shield brain, forehead, and ears. Made from a double layer of medium weight, stretchy, knitted cotton/nylon/silver coated nylon fibers for comfort and incredible 45 dB shielding. Available in 4 colors to go with any outfit. Not excessively warm. Can be worn year round, indoors or out. Choose black, blue, gray, or pink.
1) Check your water quality. Poor water quality will damage silver. In particular, high concentrations of sulfur, fluoride, chlorine, or low pH will destroy conductivity and shielding performance. To test your water, soak a small swatch in tap water for 1 hour. Watch for color change in the water or the material, especially blackening. If there is any color change to either the water or the material, use distilled or reverse osmosis water instead.
2) Water temperature must be below 40°C/104°F.
3) Detergent – Use neutral detergent such as TexCare. NO BLEACH or detergent with bleach ingredients.
4) Hand Wash Only! Do not wring.
5) Hang to dry promptly after washing, do not leave in blazing sun.
6) Keep in mind that washing will eventually degrade silver, and discoloration over time is normal.